Due to the disruption that COVID-19 has had on the lives and livelihoods of massage therapists, NCMC is committed to the support and development of massage therapists during this stressful time. Each class is limited to 100 participants, and pre-registration is required to guarantee your space.
November 17, 2020 from 6p-8p
Presenter: Angela Hilyar, DPT, PT, PRPC
WA State Massage License Number: -
Angela received her undergraduate degrees in Athletic Training and Sports Medicine from Ball State University, and practiced as an ATC for 6 years before retiring her license to pursue her Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at Indiana University. Angela's practice has focused on a full range of orthopedic conditions, especially clients with persistent pain, with an added specialization in pelvic health in 2013. Angela's natural curiosity and thirst for learning has driven her to continually expand her toolbox, especially as it relates to manual therapy techniques and evidence-based practices. She has earned additional certifications in pelvic floor rehabilitation through Herman and Wallace and ASTYM. Angela earned board certification as a Pelvic Rehabilitation Practitioner (PRPC) through Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute in 2019. The PRPC credentials denote specialty knowledge relating to pelvic health in all genders and ages.
Born in Tennessee, Angela settled in Indiana and lived, worked, and played there for the past 25 years. In 2017, Angela relocated to Bellingham with her (awesome) husband and two (sweet, energetic) children to enjoy being a part of our collaborative clinical team and bring her own special magic to CorePhysio's clients. She believes in the importance of keeping bodies moving, and embraces yoga, jogging, weightlifting, and swimming, as well as exploring nature with her family.
Description of Class:
In this two-hour Zoom class:
The goal of this presentation is to introduce the specialty of pelvic health PT, common conditions we see, interventions and education that we introduce and practical take away's for opportunities for collaboration.
Handouts will only be available in the zoom class chat, if you want the downloads you will need to be signed in to Zoom.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 2 HOURS IN ADVANCE of each class to give us time to prepare the roster and send the Zoom invite.
How This Class Works:
- This 2-hour class will be live streamed on Zoom
- Registration is required, with a limit of (100) participants: if your plans change and you cannot participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration so another therapist can fill the space.
- A confirmation email will be sent from email@example.com to the email address you provide upon registration; if you do not add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book/contacts, you may miss this email if it gets routed into your spam filter.
- NCMC will email you 48 hours before (or possibly sooner if the class sells out) with a Zoom link to join the class.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTER / JUNK FOLDER / Gmail’s “PROMOTIONS” tab for misrouted emails BEFORE emailing us about the class link.
- We recommend setting your computer up with Zoom 5-10 minutes before class.
- When you click the link in the email it will give you step-by-step instructions, including a download link if the Zoom app is not already installed on your device.
- You can choose your level of privacy: simply listen in with a phone or computer, choose to view the instructor (recommended); you can likewise choose whether you are visible to other attendees.
- Each class is 2 CE’s in duration.
- NCMC will email your certificate to you upon completion of class.
* How Zoom Works:
This online class is presented through the “Zoom” video conferencing platform. You can use your desktop computer, a laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone to take this class. If you haven’t used Zoom before, this video provides a nice overview of what to expect and how to get started (if you wish, you can skip her preamble and start watching the steps at the 1:12 minute mark):